Multimodal transportation is a part of a complex logistics chain of cargo transportation, which is a full cargo forwarding service of one customer with several different modes of transport (sea, rail, air, automobile) simultaneously.
The relevance of high-quality multimodal transport operations in the world today is extremely high. Speed, safety, transparency, and reasonable price are the key requirements of Cargo Owners who want their goods to be transported over long distances to other continents and hemispheres to their logistics operator. That is exactly what the customer gets by choosing this type of transportation.
The modes of transport to be used in combination for multimodal transportation:
- Overland transport is both practical and essential for complicated loading schemes from different suppliers. A car can easily reach most locations and pick up/deliver the required goods directly from/to the Shipper/Consignees warehouse.
- Water transport, i. e. sea and river transport, is relevant when the delivery points are connected by a waterway. The main advantage of water transport is its outstanding carrying capacity. Marine vessels and ocean container carriers are used to transport most of the cargo, except in rare circumstances.
- Rail transport is an affordable and reliable delivery method that is not heavily dependent on weather conditions, seasons, and fuel crises. It is the most appropriate choice for long-distance transportation within the continent with poor road communications.
- Air transport is the fastest but most expensive delivery method. This method is not suitable for all types of cargo but it is particularly appropriate when transporting expensive small shipments over long distances.
Full Container Load (FCL) cargo transportation is one of the main business activities of the "ALEV-TRANS" We have been successfully carrying out container shipping logistics of a wide range of goods in different directions for over 10 years.
Less Container Load (LCL) transportation is one of the main and most requested activities of the "ALEV-TRANS" as it provides the opportunity to transport small shipments in one standard container. The LCL transportations are a combination of different types of vehicles.
We provide a full range of services, including:
- "door-to-door" delivery
- coordination of all the processes at every stage of transportation
- execution of shipping documentation considering the specifics of the mode of transportation
- handling and transshipment at ports and terminals
- control of delivery time to each intermediate destination
- execution of all the necessary documentation and customs clearance.
We transport cargoes to most of the world with FCL/LTL.
Being experienced in FCL/LTL transportation and knowing the advantages of each mode of transport, our specialists will be able to build the most suitable model of transportation for you taking into account all your requests.
Cargo Collection from the Shipper, Customs Clearance Office, Maritime Transportation, EU/EEA Customs Clearance Office, Delivery to the Consignee.
International air cargo transportation is the fastest and most reliable way of delivery over long cross-border distances. Air transportation is the only appropriate logistics solution for a company that relies heavily on the speed and continuity of expensive shipments to ensure its success.
There are several factors supporting this method of delivery:
- High speed of international transportation is the factor that makes the air service superior to all other methods of transportation.
- The maximum safety of goods in transit is ensured. No special escort is required for aircraft, and strict control at airports and restriction of unauthorized access to air cargo terminals minimizes the risk of cargo theft.
- Fast cargo delivery to regions with poor or non-existent road infrastructure, including remote islands.
- Customs control within the possible shortest period of time. International air cargo transportation only requires customs clearance twice, when taking-off and landing (as opposed to overland transport, which can be checked at each state border).
The high cost of air transportation is probably the only disadvantage, however, the above-mentioned advantages compensate for it.
It is common for our company to use air transport in multimodal delivery schemes, so we have gained extensive experience in this field of transportation services. We are able to maintain a flexible pricing policy and a high level of service thanks to close cooperation with the most reliable air carriers.
The relevance of rail transportation does not diminish with the rapid development of logistics schemes, delivery methods and cargo handling.
This type of transportation is less used by our company compared to road, air and sea transportation in the total volume of deliveries to our customers. However, rail transportation is an absolutely essential part of the multimodal delivery scheme on certain, very important routes.
Rolling Stock Selection Features:
The appropriate types of railway rolling stock are selected depending on the cargo type, its volume and quantity, storage and packaging conditions.
- covered wagons are used for various consumer goods, equipment and materials that require protection from the weather;
- tank wagons are designed to transport liquids, powders, and liquefied gas;
- open wagons are intended for the carriage of bulks and oversized cargoes that do not require protection from the weather;
- refrigerators are designed for goods requiring temperature maintenance;
- hopper is a kind of wagon used for transportation of grain, cement, crushed stone, and other loose materials.
- special platforms are used to transport machines, equipment and goods that do not require protection from precipitation;
- dumpcars are designed for transportation and mechanized loading of loose and lump materials;
- containers of different types and sizes.
Cargo collecting from the Shipper, Transloasing to railway transport, Rail transportation, Transloading to a truck, Auto delivery to the destination.
1. Responsibility for the cargo at all stages. Several highly qualified specialists of one company carry out the development of the optimal route, freight calculation, control at all stages of transportation;
2. The shortest time to agree on the technical details of the transportation and the packages of shipping documents;
3. Full and reliable information on the status of transportation, the shortest time to process any request;
4. Route optimization, making appropriate changes to the transportation process with regard to objective circumstances, wishes, and requirements of the customer;
5. The constant search for ways to reduce the cost of services and improve service quality for all modes of transport. We carefully select the most reliable contractors and overland, maritime and air transport.
Extensive cargo transportation geography
Individual selection of route and transport
Complete cargo delivery control
Cost calculationIf you have any questions, please fill out the form below.
Our Manager will contact you shortly.